Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah idea

idea from seminary facebook group

I finished a fun 2 day activity today that combined 5 lessons. I divided my students in to 5 groups, and assigned each group one of the minor prophets to study:
Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Micah
They read 2 assigned chapters and some background info I copied from the manual (use the introduction information at the beginning of each of the books for the extra info on each prophet), to learn about their prophet. (file uploaded) Then on day 2 they wrote and performed a verse to the primary song Follow the Prophet.
They had a blast, and learned a lot.
I was a little worried about the Hosea group, because my rowdiest kids randomly got the most um, colorful prophet of the group, but here's what they turned out: (So proud of them)
Hosea was a prophet at a time of sin
He married a girl who was unfaithful to him
We learn she's like Israel, No matter what they do
God will always love them, just like me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment